The purpose of working towards environmental goals is to reduce the Group’s negative impact on the environment. This work is based on an environmental management system that involves every operational level in the Group.
Gunnebo’s overriding environmental goals are based on knowledge of each individual business’ environmental impact, which is mainly acquired through the Group’s environmental management systems. The goals describe the areas in which the Group’s environmental performance should primarily be improved. Gunnebo’s overriding environmental goals were set in 2009. They have been evaluated in 2012 and will be extended to 2013.
Environmental Goal 1
Optimise energy consumption and minimise impact on climate change from the Group’s operations
Environmental Goal 2
Make efficient use of raw materials and natural resources
Environmental Goal 3
Maintain effective sorting-at-source and recycling of materials to enable Gunnebo to minimise the amount of non-recycled waste
Environmental Goal 4
Further develop Gunnebo’s strategy for product development, so that the Group takes environmental aspects, such as energy consumption and the use of natural resources, into consideration throughout the entire life cycle of a product
Gunnebo’s operations shall be characterised by a holistic approach as a part of which importance is given to environmental considerations. In our day-to-day activities, we shall foster good health, continuously improve our environmental activities, minimise the environmental impact of our business, and be economical with resources. This means that:
- We shall use information and training to foster a responsible attitude towards the environment on the behalf of all employees
- We shall base our environmental activities on challenging targets, with legislative and official requirements being the minimum requirement
- We shall give careful consideration to the environment in the development of new products and manufacturing methods
- We shall continuously endeavour to make more efficient use of resources and reduce the use of hazardous substances
- We shall adopt an open attitude towards the environment